About Me

I am currently 23 years old, Just recently finished my collegiate vaulting career, and am currently working on my post collegiate career of Pole vaulting. I have been jumping for 9 years now and I absolutely Love the sport. I think its the best way to fly :) I have plans of getting to the 2012 Olympic Trails. I am looking for sponsorships, donations, and or just support with my new athletic career. I am very excited to compete this 2012 season!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Updates well needed! - Back to a schedule

Hey everyone!

I know I have been really busy and slacking on my updates. So Here we are!
So lately I have been working on my plant and my step. (always a work in progress ;)  ) But apparently I have within the last year changed my pole carry from my right side to across my chest, without realizing it. And for the life Of me I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me or my jumps! Thankfully my coach realized what I was doing and recommend I change it back. And Instantly my jumps got better, I am not flying to the left side of the pit, I am more confident in my jumps/plants, Im not as far under, and my plant has gotten higher and earlier (not perfect but significantly better :)) ! Iam Astonished that such a seemingly small thing could have such a large Impact on my jumps. But overall thankful that we were able to figured out one of my problems.

Overall I am really looking forward to an awesome outdoor season. We have had awesome weather (as in 80's in Michigan in March!!---I know right!) lol.  I promise you all that I will get back to a regular posting schedule, recently has been very hectic, and I will hopefully be able to explain why soon. (other then school work of course!).  But otherwise I am so pumped, and absolutely loving this weather!   I hope you are all doing great! Feel free to contact me, I will do my best to get back to you in a timely fashion! Also I am still looking for help with traveling fees, if you know a company or anyone who wish to donate or sponsor please let me know, or check out my donate button!! Thanks Everyone!!  You guys rock!! :D

Jess :D


Also Kudos to Megz and Jen for some awesome PR's at MAC, and to Kate for being such a beast! EMU ladies track you guys are awesome! Keep up the good work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment