About Me

I am currently 23 years old, Just recently finished my collegiate vaulting career, and am currently working on my post collegiate career of Pole vaulting. I have been jumping for 9 years now and I absolutely Love the sport. I think its the best way to fly :) I have plans of getting to the 2012 Olympic Trails. I am looking for sponsorships, donations, and or just support with my new athletic career. I am very excited to compete this 2012 season!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

NH like a champ

Hi Everyone!

So last week I competed at U of M. And as you can figure out by my title I NH'd or No Heighted. Unfortunately I did not make a bar, However Normally I am usually very livid about doing so bad. But this time was much different. I was upset with the NH, however  my vault attempts were much better this time around. I was much more confident and was able to do a much better turn over. So because my jumps were much better this time and my step was much closer to being on, I am feeling significantly better about NH. (Id rather NH and feel/look good jumping, then make 1 height and feel/look awful doing it).

 I also think I am learning patience. This last few weeks have been very frustrating that I am not competing at the same level as I think I should be. And trying to get my self out of this self-doubt and confusion has only created a more frustrating situation- which we all know gets us no where. So this last weekend I just focused on Jumping and letting the training from practice take over, Rather then stress out on the things Ive been trying to change. It was a reminder that I can't be so absorbed in changing certain things during a meet specifically (cause I will forget the rest of the jump) but rather focus on it during practices. And what you practice will translate to the meets :)

So currently since I am not jumping at the level I was planning on We are pulling out of indoor competitions and focusing on practicing for awhile. This week is a recovery week for me and sort of a step away mental recovery. So I am doing some light cross training, involving some biking and swimming. And then getting back in to some good solid jumping and training shortly after with a clear mind :) (I will not be competing for a couple weeks in order to get things back in order for my jumping.)

Otherwise I am traveling out to Akron with the EMU Womens Track and Field team for their defending of their MAC Championship Title this weekend! I am so Excited to watch them compete :) 

So in overall not competing for a bit to get my jumping back in order, and to chill out my stress and mental craziness. And I have learned If your gonna NH, NH like a champ! lol. (but hopefully don't NH)  : D

Thanks EVERYONE for all the support! Please if you, or you know anyone or business that would like to donate it would be GREATLY appreciated! It will allow me to travel to some bigger meets as well as afford some new training equipment.  Thanks so much guys!!

Jess

GOOD LUCK EMU EAGLES WOMEN'S AND MEN'S TRACK AND FIELD TEAM THIS WEEKEND AT MACS!

KUDOS Megz on your PR and some great looking jumps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment