About Me

I am currently 23 years old, Just recently finished my collegiate vaulting career, and am currently working on my post collegiate career of Pole vaulting. I have been jumping for 9 years now and I absolutely Love the sport. I think its the best way to fly :) I have plans of getting to the 2012 Olympic Trails. I am looking for sponsorships, donations, and or just support with my new athletic career. I am very excited to compete this 2012 season!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A step in the right direction- keep pushing forward

Howdy Everyone!

So Update Time:
I had another meet, this time at Grand Valley....and well... at least Im consistent. Needless to say I am not happy about my performance, but I did make some progress. We have gotten my step to be more consistent at 10 feet, which is much better then where its been. I have gotten better at my turn over (still needs work).  I only jumped 12'8.  But on a good note my run felt soo much better and the runway was awesome! Its just frustrating when you feel so good, but don't jump as well as you feel.  My last attempt was my worst attempt, I ended up stopping before going up, and ran back to start over. And then jumped, but unfortunately I knew I was tired from the run up, and tried to push harder in the run the second time. This caused me to run myself under or bring my step several feet under causing me to get stood up. with this I know that I got to nervous my last attempt and caused me to question my run.

So what I am/need to work on making the 14'7 162 pole my small pole from now on, continue to get my step out with good turn over, and work on 'not caring as much' during competition.  I know that last one sounds weird, but I have noticed when I am more concerned on just jumping and having fun I do much better, then when I get worried and try to make the height.

And this week I am planning on competing at U of M at the Silverston Invite. My Goals are at this moment for this meet, to get over more then just 12'8 X_x lol, but also working on hitting those big poles and being consistent with my step and swing.

  SO I know this is a short update but Got some homework I have to jump on... (wow no pun intended).... lol Also HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE! I hope everyone had a great day whether single or matched!   Ill keep you posted! And please I am still looking for companies or individuals who wish to Donate or sponsor! Feel free to email me or click the Donate button :)  If you have any questions or comments feel free to email me too! Love to hear from you!

Jess

heming.j.way@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment