About Me

I am currently 23 years old, Just recently finished my collegiate vaulting career, and am currently working on my post collegiate career of Pole vaulting. I have been jumping for 9 years now and I absolutely Love the sport. I think its the best way to fly :) I have plans of getting to the 2012 Olympic Trails. I am looking for sponsorships, donations, and or just support with my new athletic career. I am very excited to compete this 2012 season!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Some Improvements this week :)

Hey all!
I am sorry for a later post, this was the first week of classes and was trying to figure out my schedule. My plan is to put up new posts once to twice a week to keep you updated! So my last post talked about some things that I needed to work on, and this week was just the week to do so.

I am currently learning to initiate my top end of the pole vault more actively. By doing this I hope to remove a pause or hesitation in my vault that some of you may have seen. I am working on shortening my grip as well as being more active with my arms after the cord of the pole (which is very shortly after take off). I was able to be more active with my arms several times this week, and because of that I now know what it feels like to do it correctly. :) and once you figure out the feeling, it is much easier to replicate that action. So my goal now is to continue to replicate it and work on creating a habit of it so that it will become second nature.

Another thing I am working on is pulling out my step. Where a pole vaulter takes off the ground is what is known as their step. And mine is unfortunately too close to the box, which some of you know is significantly painful for your back lol but it also reduces the energy conversion significantly, which basically means you wont jump as high or efficiently. My current step for my five left is supposed to be at around 11ish feet, I am unfortunately consistent at 9'6-10 feet(ouchy!).

I also want to do a Shout out to my sponsor Bruce Caldwell from Essx Pole vault poles for sending me a fantastic new pole bag for my poles! It is bright and amazing!  Thank you soo much Bruce for this great pole bag! It will definitely be used well :)

Also my wonderful husband and I are currently working on writing letters to companies for sponsorships or donations. If you know anyone or companies who may be interested in helping us out we would truly appreciate it and will do all that we can to put advertise their company name. Feel free to contact me through email, facebook, or posts bellow. And again I really appreciate all of the support and help from everyone! It means a lot to me to have so many friends and family!

My Email: heming.j.way@gmail.com
Talk to you guys soon!

Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment