About Me

I am currently 23 years old, Just recently finished my collegiate vaulting career, and am currently working on my post collegiate career of Pole vaulting. I have been jumping for 9 years now and I absolutely Love the sport. I think its the best way to fly :) I have plans of getting to the 2012 Olympic Trails. I am looking for sponsorships, donations, and or just support with my new athletic career. I am very excited to compete this 2012 season!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sorry so short, last week of grad school-super busy


Hey Everyone!
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for taking so long to update! Grad school has just consumed me lately. X_x. So I have had 2 meets one in at Ohio State Jesse Owens where I got a NH and this last weekend  at Grand Valley, where I jumped a NH… I know another NH…X_X!  Lately I have been working on a more aggressive take off and getting to my top end as well as moving up in poles. It has gotten so much better. I was really struggling all of indoor to have a good take off, finally it is getting back to being strong and consistent.  Unfortunately last week I suffered an ankle sprain which made it hard to run for awhile, but was still able to come back in time and jump. This weekend’s meet at Grand Valley felt soo good, I was running faster and being much more aggressive and felt absolutely wonderful! Unfortunately I was so aggressive I blew through 2 poles in my two attempts…
So overall I am making improvements- however the bars are not there yet. But I know they will come, as long as I have patients and continue to work hard and stay focused.  They will come and I look forward to that day when my hard work will start to pay off.  I will keep you posted. I am thinking about doing some video blogs, feel free to let me know what you think of it! Thanks guys! Hope you all are doing well! I am so blessed to have so many friends and family! Thank you!
-Sorry this is so short, last week of grad school- so much work- a lot of stress!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment